Thursday, March 4, 2010

Original Content!

Finally!

Here is an idea that I haven't seen elsewhere.

This project combines the beauty of re-purposing with the fun of gardening.

You know the clear plastic containers that eggs come in? The ones that look like this?


Save up a bunch of them.  I started saving this pile last fall.

Actually that might be all you need to do, I'm not sure.  I went one step farther though.  I used Rustloeum's Plastic spray paint and painted the egg holders black:



Here's what you end up with: 



Now, I haven't cut apart the two halves of the egg holder section, but from each of the egg cartons you get 12 regular seed starting pots, and 12 mini pots in a mini-greenhouse! 

Yes, I realize that the pots are pretty shallow, and the greenhouse section might be totally unusable.  But maybe it'll work!  I'll post updates as time goes on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment